Sunday, February 6, 2011

TOLO '11: Beauty and the Geek!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

These Pictures are kind of in a random order. It would've been too much work to organize them chronologically. Maybe at a later date I shall do that. Also, these are pretty much of just Jake and I. There were so many other pictures, I decided to focus on what's important ;)

This is closing night when I asked him with the flowers and card. I was really excited and my face was flushed and I think I look a tad silly. But that's okay because he looks pretty silly too.

Our group at The Rock.
From top left. Left to right for each level: Jordan Kawachi, Dreu Lambarena, Brandon Miller, Laura Nielson, Carlos Tablit, Amanda Olsen, Jake Hackett, Jessica Maloy, Navid Azodi, Rhaquel Abutin.

Not sure what Jordan is doing. I, however, am busy at work creating a masterpeice. It's a funny picture... I love working in the kitchen. We went to Jordan's house after the dance for Midnight pancakes. Jake Initially didn't want to go, but that night he decided that he would and he had a good time. We left the dance at 11.

At The Rock. Wating for our, what turned out to be, delicious pizza!

We went to Starbucks afterwards and both got coffees so we would be able to stay awake and have fun. It worked. I ate Harvest Moon (Capers, Mozzarella, tomato slices, basil leaves, some kind of meat... I want to say prociutto.) He ate Meaty, Beaty, Big and Bouncy. It was a meat lovers and it actually looked really good.

Jordan and I were the Master Pancake makers. I made the Letters, he fixed them up after we flipped them onto the second pan (Because they were too crazy to flip with a spatula.)
Coffee had definitly kicked in and I had plenty of energy :) I was so happy that I didn't shut down and that things were fun. We both got crazy and it was great.
Jake wanted to make a pancake after all the letters were made. This is his creation. Can you tell what it was supposed to be? Answer at bottom ;) After he flipped it over, he proceeded to pour blue Gatorade on it. It was quite foul.

This was the one J that was made for all three of us J names.
The Pancakes tasted pretty darn good.

We are boss! We made everyone the first letters of their first names. R, N, J, A, C, D. Laura and Brandon left the dance early so they didn't participate in the pancake making.

Jake and his mom :) They have a typical teenage-parental relationship.
His mom was so beyond wonderful and helpful and sweet! I really like her a lot. I have a pretend family tree that I like to add people to as if I could chose my relatives. She would definitly be that awesome aunt that you are besties with... yeah.The stairs pictures didn't really turn out. The camera was out of focus so he was clear and I was a fuzz in the background. This was the only one that worked.


Jessica (Cleans up pretty well ;))

Jake (is so handsome)

NERD!

We got so many pictures at his house that we decided against getting singles at the dance and instead all chipped in to get a group picture. I am super excited to see how it turned out!

"Pretend like you're the crazy nerd who somehow got to go out with the pretty girl. Act excited."

When I went to the florist to order his Boutonniere the lady suggested a "nerdy" boutonniere. We chose a pink gerber Daisy and, lo and behold, it magically ended up matching his black and pink tie!! I was so excited!

I love all of his crazy faces :) During dinner he and Carlos got into character and pretended to be real nerds. Jake's name was Shmedly. He even had a Dell pass card ID thing on a retractable hip clip. Someone had taken a real one and edited Jake's information onto it. Jake's mom was super fantastic! On Thursday Jake told me that she wanted to talk to her about Tolo. He wasn't telling her anything and she needed to know. Turns out that he wasn't telling her because there was nothing decided. She facilitated the communication that wasn't happening. And she was so beyond excited about all of this. Her son! Getting asked to a dance! BY A GIRL! She hemmed his pants to high waters and got him hightop converse. Then the badge and suspenders, a nerdy tie and [of course] tape on the glasses. It was priceless.This is one of my favorite pictures :)

So excited. Filling in not knowing what to do next with silly looks.
He is so attractive.... *sigh*

When we slow danced he didn't know where to put his hands so he put his hand on my shoulder. We slow danced 4 times and it never changed :) Funniest thing of my life.

He apologized many times for being so tired. He also commented about how the would be stressful and kept randomly saying things, without thinking, about how he wanted to go to the library and read or sleep. But it wasn't debby downer, it was being nervous. I do the same thing. He was really nice all night. Like at Starbucks, he saved the arm chair next to him for me and he told me to come sit by him because he saved it. He also offered me some of his molassas cookie, but the first thing that came out of my mouth was "No thank you :)" I wish I had said yes, but whatever. The coffee was good.

His dance moves were hilarious. I can't even describe them because they were so random and nerdy. He was a good sport and was Jake-Jake. Not weird-Jake or awkward-Jake or NotInterested-Jake. He was jus himself and that was really nice to be around, finally.

My dear mother teaching me the art of boutonniere pinning.


My corsage was made from Orchids! They were white and so beautiful. It was funny because when I was at the florists, I was looking around at all the flowers they had available and I saw the orchids and I was caught by how gorgeous they were and I wondered what my flowers would be. Turns out I would get some of them! Foreign object... brain does not compute
When we left for The Rock, My parents told me I should open the car door for him. He got in, said thank you and that he would now open the door for me. He reached across the seat and pushed the door open for me on my side. Quite nice :)Exchanging flowers. Neither of us knew what to do. Good thing both our parents were there to coach us along... We pulled up in their driveway and I saw him sitting in his front room. I was quite terrified! So I got out of the car on the far side. Knocking on his door I thought about how crazy I was for doing this and when I stepped into his house my legs were so shaky I was worried I was going to fall over. But that only lasted for a short moment. Because I'm pretty sure he was just as nervous. Things weren't awkward at all [THANKFULLY!] We both had lots of fun. We got to the dance right at 8:30 and we stayed for 2.5 hours. We said hello to our friends and danced and danced and danced. It was good fun and I'm glad that I did this, even though it was a little crazy...

"Is there any special ceremony?" -Jake
{It was a unicorn.}

No comments:

Post a Comment