Friday, August 5, 2011

Newspaper Nails


Sorry to diverge from a weekly segment/Dear Jess but my sister just recently found this amazing nail style which I am in love with! I tried it out last night... and it turned out okay. I re-did it today and it turned out crazy cool!


A Quick How-To:
Have 10 square inch pieces of newspaper cut out
I make 12 for mistakes!

paint on a light color: light gray looks newspapery to me!
other sites say to put a base protective coat first...but I know nothing of nails, nor do I take very good care of mine so in that case, I skip it!


Once it dries stick your finger in a small cup of water for 5-10 seconds
rubbing alcohol works perfectly too

Immediately stick the square inch of newspaper o
n the nail, then roll a finger over the print to be sure that all of it gets on the nail, press the print down and lift when you feel you've done a
ll the pressing to be done
this is really just like a stick on tattoo

(p.s. the words come out backwards!)


(see? I've got "laundry" on my thumb!)

After you've transferred the words put on a clear coat gently, the ink rubs off really easily
Voila, you are done!

As an appreciator of good books and lover of all things written, I am in love with this style! I absolutely needed to share this, enjoy!

Sam



No comments:

Post a Comment